Do you want a fragrance that’s immediately recognisable, masculine and hard to resist? We don’t blame you. That’s why we’ve developed a fragrance that’s inspired by one of the world’s most popular men’s aftershaves (Sauvage), which has a carnal scent that’s hard to resist.
If you love the original eau de parfum but can’t justify the cost, you’ll like our ‘inspired-by’ homage.
Our Sauvage fragrance alternative – the facts
- Inspired by Sauvage perfume
- Top notes of pepper and bergamot
- Central notes of lavender and geranium
- Depth added with vetiver, patchouli and ambergris
This is the right fragrance for you if you like spicy, distinctive flavours, with a bit of ‘bite’. The key elements are:
- Peppery – just a hint of peppercorn for a masculine, tangy scent.
- Laid-back – the lavender and geranium work together to create a languid, effortlessly cool aroma.
- Beachy – the ambergris brings a hint of the ocean, with a touch of much-needed sweetness to counterbalance the pepper and vetiver.
Our homage to Sauvage perfume – what’s it like?
This perfume is definitely one for those who love the Great Outdoors. It’s wild, wind-swept and vaguely nautical, and ideal for rugged, nature-loving types.
At the first spray, you’ll notice a hint of pepper, combined with the muskiness of bergamot. Then, after it’s settled on to the skin, you’ll start to pick up the relaxing, heady scent of lavender and geranium. As the day goes on, the freshness of vetiver and the wonderful marine-sweet scent of ambergris begin to rise to the foreground.
It’s a complex scent that shifts throughout the day, in a similar way to the Sauvage parfum. But at all times, it remains true to its overall ‘vibe’ – macho, rustic and wild.
When should you wear it? We’d recommend viewing this ‘inspired-by’ Sauvage eau de parfum as a versatile option. It works well when worn at work or out for the day with the family, but is sultry enough to be suitable for a night out. As such, it’s a great day-to-night option that matches virtually all occasions. And of course, thanks to that hint of the beach (provided by the ambergris), if you’re spending the day soaking up the sun, this is the perfect accompaniment.
It smells like Sauvage, which is great if you’re a fan of the original, and it’s got a lot to differentiate it from other scents out there. The main differences are:
- A punch of peppercorn. Few fragrances capitalise on the impact of pepper. In this instance, it gives the perfume a tougher, more rustic edge.
- The ‘sleepy’ floral effect. There’s something so evocative about the scent of lavender. In the right doses, it’s not sleep-inducing, but indolent, sensual and chilled.
- The hint of the wild. The ambergris brings a touch of sea-salt, while the vetiver adds a much-needed note of citrussy zest. This counterbalances the lavender and geranium to perfection.
Who is our alternative Sauvage eau de parfum for?
Like Sauvage perfume, this fragrance is tailor-made for outdoors-loving men; or simply for those who want to bring a touch of the wild into their offices while working. It’s a deep, complex scent, and ultimately, it’s well suited for most men.
It’s also a great attention-grabber. There’s something about the combination of lavender, pepper and ambergris that stands out from the crowd, so this scent is perfect if you’re looking for something a bit unusual.
It’s one of our more popular fragrances, which shows just how much men love the original. Our customers often comment on the similarity of our perfume with the original Sauvage fragrance, and its quality, which lingers on throughout the day.
What about other fragrances?
Our Sauvage-inspired eau de parfum is an excellent all-rounder, so if you’re looking for a gift for a loved one and aren’t sure which fragrance to pick, we’d highly recommend this one. However, we do have a vast selection of other ‘inspired-by’ eau de parfums, which pay homage to some of the world’s best-loved scents.
When you’re looking for a signature fragrance, ask yourself the following:
- When will you be wearing it? Are you looking for a daytime scent or something for after-hours?
- What sort of aromas do you like? Musky and rich or fresh and fruity? Your personal preference should always be a top priority when choosing.
- Do you want to stand out, or would you rather have something subtle? Some fragrances are more potent than others.
- Do you want it to shift throughout the day? Some will change ‘personality’ as the hours pass, others retain their original scent.
To see our complete range of male and female fragrances, simply visit our website.
Disclaimer: all products mentioned above, along with their labelling, are a guide and should not be confused with the actual fragrance brand. Any name trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective designers or makers. Please note, these perfumes and candles are not to be confused with the originals, and we have no affiliation with any companies mentioned. Our interpretations of the fragrances and candles were created through chemical analysis and personal development, and their description is solely to give the customer an idea of the nature of the scent. It is not designed to mislead or confuse the customer in any way, and does not infringe on the manufacturer's or designer's name or trademark.
Neroli portifino is a powerful sent that I use regularly.
I am nearly run out of my favourite scent and I will be purchasing a new 100 ml bottle in the very near future.
Absolutely beautiful scent.
Keep up the good work copycat.