If you believe what the Bible tells you, it was an apple that was Eve’s undoing. When you take a bite of this fruit, it’s easy to see why – it’s juicy, sweet and has just the right level of tanginess.
Unsurprisingly, this fruity scent translates perfectly into apple perfume. Here’s more information about why it’s a fragrance you should consider for the future.
Apple perfume – what’s the fuss about?
So, just what’s so irresistible about the humble apple? An apple-scented perfume cashes in on a number of different factors:
- The distinctive freshness and ‘bite’. (Apple is immediately recognisable, unlike many other fruits).
- The tart, crisp quality. This makes it feel modern and ‘different’.
- The complementary flavour. Apple works really well with several other ingredients, including cedarwood, ambergris, pink pepper and lemon.
A few of our bestselling ‘inspired by’ fragrances feature apple, and they’re among the most popular perfumes that we sell. Apple scent perfume is officially all the rage, and if you’re looking for something contemporary and fashion-forward, this is it.
Which apple scented perfume?
If you’re searching for the ultimate apple smelling perfume, then there’s only one choice, and that’s Aventus. Although this is a masculine fragrance, it’s equally popular among women, who love its depth and potency.
Our version of Aventus blends the sweetness of apple with the citrus snap of bergamot. Then, the natural, rugged notes of oak moss and ambergris kick in. These are earthy and sea-salty respectively, which make this a very ‘no-nonsense’ kind of perfume.
However, make no mistake, this is very much an ‘apple perfume’, in that the note of the fruit comes through strongly. That, in our opinion, really sets it apart from the crowd.
If you’re searching for a fragrance with apple notes, bear in mind the following:
- It’s a sweet, tart flavour. As such, look for complementary ingredients that soften and enhance this; such as wood or amber base notes, or sharper citrus top notes.
- It’s distinctive. If you’re looking for a fragrance that isn’t recognisable and powerful, apple might not be the ingredient for you. It’s one of those aromas that people can immediately identify, which makes it great for a signature scent.
- It’s potent. Be careful not to choose an apple perfume that’s too overpowering. It should work with the other ingredients, not over-dominate.
If you’re not sure whether apple is the right scent for you, it’s well worth testing out a few apple-based fragrances before committing to buy. Copycat Fragrances’ sample-sized 5ml bottles are ideal, as they contain around 10 to 15 applications, which provides the ideal chance to road-test it in a variety of different situations.
You can try out our version of Aventus as a sample size, or purchase our exclusive sample fragrance pack, which features Aventus, plus some of our other bestselling scents. Visit the website to find out more.
Disclaimer: all products mentioned above, along with their labelling, are a guide and should not be confused with the actual fragrance brand. Any name trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective designers or makers. Please note, these perfumes and candles are not to be confused with the originals, and we have no affiliation with any companies mentioned. Our interpretations of the fragrances and candles were created through chemical analysis and personal development, and their description is solely to give the customer an idea of the nature of the scent. It is not designed to mislead or confuse the customer in any way, and does not infringe on the manufacturer's or designer's name or trademark.