There are a bewildering number of perfumes for women. Browse any department store, and you’ll find shelf upon shelf, devoted to all things fragrance-related. As such, choosing which one is right for you can be a mission.
This article can never truly answer the question “what’s the best perfume for women” (it’s too subjective)! However, it can provide you with a useful guide to some of the most popular perfumes for women; which might help you to make your decision.
Here’s more information.
Calling all Women – Perfume Choices of 2019?
We often chat to customers online about their personal preferences regarding fragrance. For the ‘average’ woman, perfume is a valued part of the daily beauty regime, with many females claiming that they felt strange leaving the house without applying it.
When it came to ‘daytime’ fragrances, fresh and fruity scents were the most popular. When asked what the best perfume for women (2019) was, quite a few people mentioned our version of Neroli Portofino – which isn’t surprising. This zesty fragrance conjures up images of sun-drenched Italian coastlines, and it feels very ‘now’.
Other popular workwear scents were our homage to Coco Mademoiselle, which is floral and lively, and our version of Aventus for Her.
As for evening scents? Black Orchid definitely came out on top as one of the most popular scents. When it comes to the UK’s women, perfume that’s strong and uncompromising is definitely top of the agenda.
Best Perfume for Women – 2019?
We’re seeing a clear trend towards bold, vibrant perfumes. The day of the shy wallflower is definitely over; now it’s about generating attention with sensual, sometimes surprising ingredients. We love fragrances that feature unusual aspects, like pink pepper or pistachio.
Fruity perfumes are also definitely enjoying greater popularity. Don’t worry – if you don’t want to go too full-on with citrus or berry notes, there are plenty of gorgeous scents that combine floral and fruity ingredients to perfection.
What are the best fragrances for women?
Here’s a run-through of our bestselling fragrances.
- Soleil Blanc. Looking for something seriously different? Then this is a definite front-runner. Soleil Blanc is summery and fresh, but uses some unusual ingredients, which gives it a complex, intriguing aroma. The ylang ylang and jasmine bring to mind warm evenings with friends, but they’re given depth and interest with the addition of pistachio and cardamom. If you haven’t smelt our version of this iconic fragrance yet, you really should.
- Velvet Rose and Oud. Although oud oil has been around for centuries, it’s going through something of a revival at the moment. As such, many of the best fragrances for women feature it. Our version of Velvet Rose and Oud keeps things simple (like the original), letting the complementary notes of oud and rose take centre-stage.
- Aventus for Her. Aventus for Her is one of the bestselling fragrances of all time, and when you smell it, you’ll understand why. It’s a gorgeous mix of Calabrian bergamot, sandalwood and amber; creating a finished product that’s distinctive and cool. If you’re looking for the best perfume for women (2019), this is a strong contender.
- Baccarat Rouge. Few perfumes for women are as striking as Baccarat Rouge. As the name suggests, there’s a hint of allure and mystery (think James Bond as a woman), with exotic notes of saffron and cedarwood. It’s definitely one for a hot date or after-hours event.
- Neroli Portofino. This unisex fragrance has rapidly grown in popularity recently. In fact, if you’re looking for the best perfume for women, as voted by our customers, then this might be it. Most people love the fresh, Mediterranean notes; and the fact that citrus is combined with subtle herbs.
- Black Orchid. Notice to all women - perfume doesn’t come much more sensual than this! It’s not for everyone, but if you love strong, sexy fragrances, this is the choice for you. It’s features ylang ylang and black truffle, which are both enigmatic, exotic scents. They’re lifted slightly by bergamot and jasmine, resulting in an irresistible end-product.
- Coco Mademoiselle. One of the best fragrances for women is undeniably Coco Mademoiselle. True, it’s been around for quite a while, but that’s testament to its timeless appeal. It’s a zesty, fresh fragrance, that has powerful notes of Sicilian orange and bergamot, combined with tonka bean and vanilla. Think sweet, fruity and vibrant – perfect for the spring months.
The scent of a woman – perfume matters!
Humans are often influenced by scent. That’s not to say you have to wear perfume all the time; but it’s certainly nice to know that your fragrance is having a positive impact on those around you.
Recent studies have found that scent has the power to alter mood (both your own and others around you). That’s highly useful when you’re in a meeting with a client or out on a first date! It’s fun to get playful with fragrance too. Experiment with different types until you find the one that’s ideal for you.
You may end up choosing more than one. Often, women like to invest in a daytime scent for wearing in the office, and a sexier night-time fragrance for after work.
What’s your best perfume for women?
What do you think is the best fragrance available right now for women? If you’ve got any thoughts to share, Copycat Fragrances would love to hear them via social media (and it’s always great to get feedback on our ‘inspired by’ scents).
If you’re not sure, then experimenting with some samples is a good idea. At Copycat Fragrances, you’ll not only find plenty of women’s scents; you’ll also find that they come in handy 5ml sample sizes too. That means you can test them out quite a few times each, minus any major cost commitment.
When figuring out what’s the best perfume for you, consider the following:
- Where will you wear it? Is it mainly for work or do you want it to be suitable for evening-wear?
- What impression do you want to make? Do you want your fragrance to be alluring, invigorating or fresh, for example?
- Do you want something classic, or more forward-thinking? Some scents are timeless, while others are very contemporary. Think about what sort of smells you love.
- Do you like something different? If so, look for fragrances that have unusual ingredients.
To find out more about our range of women’s perfumes, simply visit the Copycat Fragrances site today.
Disclaimer: all products mentioned above, along with their labelling, are a guide and should not be confused with the actual fragrance brand. Any name trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective designers or makers. Please note, these perfumes and candles are not to be confused with the originals, and we have no affiliation with any companies mentioned. Our interpretations of the fragrances and candles were created through chemical analysis and personal development, and their description is solely to give the customer an idea of the nature of the scent. It is not designed to mislead or confuse the customer in any way, and does not infringe on the manufacturer's or designer's name or trademark.