Some designer fragrances have a lot of complex ingredients. Others rely on just a few carefully chosen aromas, which combine to work in perfect harmony. Velvet Rose is a perfect example of the latter. It’s simple, yet devastatingly irresistable.
If you’re looking for a scent that harks directly back to nature, while offering something heady and sensual, then our version of this iconic fragrance might be exactly what you’re looking for. Here’s some more information about it.
Rose Oud perfume – the facts
- Top note of damask rose
- Central notes of praline and clove
- Base note of agarwood and oud
As you can see, this version of Velvet Rose keeps things minimalist and uncomplicated. It’s a confident scent that is immediately recognisable – no wonder it’s so well-loved by women across the world.
There are a few elements that make this Oud and Roses perfume really stand out. These include:
- The muskiness of damask rose. Damask rose is far richer and more musky than other roses, which makes it ideal for evening fragrances. It also has a hint of the exotic to it.
- The sweetness of praline. To prevent this fragrance from getting too deep and intense, praline is added, providing a punch of nutty sweetness. This is what makes the perfume suitable for daytime wear too.
- The bitterness of clove. Clove provides the ideal counterbalance for the rose and praline; giving a subtle bite to the aroma. It’s a hint of sharpness that cuts through the sweetness to perfection.
- The depth of agarwood. This luxury ingredient makes this Velvet Rose Oud-inspired fragrance really stand out. It’s also a long-lasting scent, which is still detectable several hours after the initial application.
- The exoticism of oud. Oud oil is one of the most high-end ingredients in the world, and has been prized by perfume-makers for centuries. It’s a rich, Middle-Eastern smell that’s very evocative.
Velvet Rose Oud – the experience
When you first apply our version of Velvet Rose and Oud, you’ll notice the strong, sensual scent of the damask rose, which settles beautifully into the skin after only a few minutes.
Give the fragrance a while to settle, then smell it again. This time, you’ll pick up on the great balance between the clove and the praline, which both add tanginess and sweetness to the musk of the rose. This is usually the aroma that people say is so instantly definable.
After another few hours, the aromatic depth of the oud oil and agarwood kick into action, providing a bold, exotic base for the other ingredients to work with. The overall effect? Alluring, mysterious and sensual.
Velvet Rose is undeniably powerful. There’s not a hint of the shy, retiring wallflower here. Instead, this is the ideal eau de parfum for women that want to attract attention.
Oud and Roses perfume – when to wear it?
Although this fragrance is potent, it’s surprisingly versatile and is suitable for a wide range of occasions, including:
- In the workplace. If you’re in a meeting or want to command more authority in the office, this scent definitely creates the right sort of effect.
- On a date. There’s certainly enough romantic allure to make this fragrance a great choice for a romantic evening.
- At a special event. If you’re going to a wedding or birthday party, Rose Oud perfume is a good ‘day-to-night’ option; remaining fresh and sweet enough for daytime, but also heady enough for the evening.
- As a day-to-night fragrance. If you’re planning on going out straight after work, this is an ideal choice. It’s a long-lasting scent that carries you smoothly from the office to a bar.
What do others say about Velvet Rose and Oud?
It’s one of our most popular ‘inspired-by’ fragrances, which means we’ve had a lot of positive feedback about it.
Most people who review this perfume tend to comment on the following:
- The ‘stand out’ aroma. Some customers commented on how immediately recognisable the fragrance was, when compared to other eau de parfums on the market.
- The luxuriousness. There’s no denying it, this is an expensive, exclusive scent. It’s unmistakably high-end, which is great for those who love designer fragrances.
- The longevity. Thanks to the quality of the ingredients, just a few sprays of this scent will last you throughout the day. Many customers commented that they could smell it hours after they’d initially applied it.
Copycat Fragrances specialise in creating ‘inspired-by’ scents, capturing the essential nature of the originals, at a fraction of the price. If you’d like to learn more about this perfume, or any of our other masculine or feminine scents, simply visit the Copycat Fragrances website today.
Disclaimer: all products mentioned above, along with their labelling, are a guide and should not be confused with the actual fragrance brand. Any name trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective designers or makers. Please note, these perfumes and candles are not to be confused with the originals, and we have no affiliation with any companies mentioned. Our interpretations of the fragrances and candles were created through chemical analysis and personal development, and their description is solely to give the customer an idea of the nature of the scent. It is not designed to mislead or confuse the customer in any way, and does not infringe on the manufacturer's or designer's name or trademark.