Many perfume makers (ourselves included) have an extensive range of quality fragrances for men and women. However, few customers have the budget to purchase every single one, just to work out which scent is right for them.
That’s where perfume samples (UK-based) come in useful. They provide the perfect opportunity to test out the perfume or cologne, minus any major financial investment.
Copycat Fragrances have some exclusive packs of scent samples, which feature our bestselling scents. However, if you’d like a bit more guidance, here’s some information to help you.
Perfume samples – UK fun questionnaire
Here are a couple of fun tests (one for men, one for women) to help you to identify what sort of fragrance might work for you. Our professional perfume testers (UK-based) have put this together, and it should help you to choose your next signature scent.
Test for women
- What sort of setting makes you happiest?
- A bar or nightclub with friends
- A natural environment like a beach or wood
- A busy place, like a market or social gathering
- What sort of aromas appeal to you most?
- Musky, sensual scents
- Floral or woody scents
- Fruity or spicy scents
- When would you be most likely to wear your perfume?
- In the evening
- During the day
- Any time; you like something that’s flexible
Mostly A’s – Look for something exotic and intense, like Rose Oud or Black Orchid
Mostly B’s – Search for something fresh and fun, like Miss Coco or Neroli Portofino
Mostly C’s – Go for something unexpected and unusual, like Aventus for Her or Baccarat Rouge
- What sort of aroma pleases you most?
- An earthy, natural scent
- A heady, deep scent
- A fresh, fruity scent
- Think of your favourite place to be. Is it…
- Outdoors in the great, wide open
- In an after-hours bar or nightclub
- Spending a casual day with friends and family
- When do you normally wear cologne?
- Any time, night or day
- Only in the evenings
- Usually during the day only
Mostly A’s – Look for something masculine and rugged, like Sauvage or Viking
Mostly B’s – Search for something deep and sexy, like Oud Wood or Noir Extreme
Mostly C’s – Go for something laid-back and fresh, like Green Irish Tweed or Silver Mountain Water
What are the best fragrance samples (UK-based)?
Not sure which scent samples to order? Here’s a low-down of some of our most popular fragrances, as explained by our expert testers:
- Neroli Portofino.
Looking for something that conjures up images of a sun-drenched Italian beach? Or strolling through the Tuscan countryside? If so, this is one of the best perfume samples there is. Our version of Neroli Portofino, which is available in a convenient 5ml tester bottle, features evocative notes of lemon, rosemary, lavender and orange; the perfect combination to transport you to the Mediterranean in a heartbeat.
Our ‘inspired-by’ version of Fabulous captures the original’s personality, with warmth, depth and exoticism. It’s an unusual scent, with hints of tonka resin, bitter almond and cashmeran; which makes it the perfect choice for those who want an eau de parfum that stands out from the crowd. When purchasing fragrance samples, UK buyers often comment on the unusual qualities of this scent, not to mention its longevity.
- Tuscan Leather
This is another really popular cologne, and understandably so. The rich notes of leather and wood are reminiscent of a sophisticated bar or gentleman’s club, and the hint of raspberry and jasmine really lift it, making it suitable for daytime as well as evening-wear. It comes in a handy 5ml tester size, so it’s worthwhile trying out if you’re not sure whether it’s for you or not.
- Virgin Island Water
This is another unusual fragrance; which many of our customers initially order as perfume samples, before going on to order a full-sized bottle. We sometimes refer to this as the Caribbean fragrance, as it has evocative notes of coconut, hibiscus and tropical wood. Mandarin and lime freshen it up, making it an ideal choice for summer-time.
If you want a cologne that radiates pure masculinity, then Aventus is a great choice. Our version features an enticing blend of ambergris (think rugged sea-salt), bergamot, apple and oak moss. It’s a distinctive scent, and ideal for daytime or evening wear. As it’s a bestseller, we also sell gift packs with scented Aventus candles; though we recommend getting a sample first, if you haven’t tested this iconic fragrance already.
Perfume Samples for Women
Here’s a run-through of some of our more popular female fragrances, as selected by our team.
- Rose Oud. Rose Oud, just like the original, is ideal for going out for the evening. It’s Eastern-inspired, with rich scents of oud oil, spicy clove and rose. There’s also praline, which adds a hint of sweetness. The aroma of oud is becoming steadily more fashionable at present, so this is definitely a perfume to test out.
- Soleil Blanc. This scent, inspired by the original, has plenty of unexpected ingredients, like pistachio and spicy cardamom. These instantly update the fragrance, giving it plenty of punch; while the ylang ylang and jasmine add notes of timeless glamour. It’s worth adding this one to your list of perfume samples, as it’s well worth trying.
- Miss Coco. Our ‘inspired-by’ Miss Coco fragrance is definitely one of our female bestsellers. It’s fresh and zesty, with notes of bergamot, orange and patchouli. Tonka bean and vanilla add delicate sweetness to it, creating a more complex, satisfying whole. We’d recommend this scent for day-to-evening wear.
Scent Samples – Which Pack?
Copycat Fragrances have two exclusive perfume samples in packs, for men and for women. Here’s a quick outline of what’s included in each one:
- Mixed pack (for men and women): This features our versions of:
- Coco Mademoiselle, Baccarat Rouge 540, Aventus for Her, Aventus, Oud Intense, Oud Wood.
- Men’s pack: This includes:
- Tobacco Vanille, Silver Mountain Water, Aventus, Oud Wood, Colonia Intensa Oud.
No perfume testers (UK) required!
The great thing about sample packs is that they provide the opportunity to test out a range of different ‘inspired by’ fragrances, at a reduced cost. There’s enough in each 5ml bottle for several applications, enabling you to spray it in a variety of different situations; for a special occasion, for work, or for going out.
Some people actively prefer to buy samples, as they get to indulge their desire for variety – it’s a cost-effective way to wear a different fragrance every day! Whatever your reason for buying a sample, it makes good sense to put the scent to the test before buying a bumper-sized bottle.
If you’d like to know more about Copycat Fragrances’ wide range of designer-inspired colognes and perfumes, or you’d like to browse our selection of 5ml testers, simply visit our website today. Most of our fragrances have the option of being purchased as a sample, so there’s plenty of opportunity to ‘spray them and see’ before committing to buy a larger size.
Disclaimer: all products mentioned above, along with their labelling, are a guide and should not be confused with the actual fragrance brand. Any name trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective designers or makers. Please note, these perfumes and candles are not to be confused with the originals, and we have no affiliation with any companies mentioned. Our interpretations of the fragrances and candles were created through chemical analysis and personal development, and their description is solely to give the customer an idea of the nature of the scent. It is not designed to mislead or confuse the customer in any way, and does not infringe on the manufacturer's or designer's name or trademark.