Vikings are having a moment right now. When they’re not featuring in an epic TV series or two, they’re gracing the movie screens, not to mention influencing men’s fashion.
The same applies for male fragrances - and Viking is a great example if this. It’s a fresh, forceful scent that captures the essence of masculine adventure; ideal for rugged, no-nonsense men. If you’re looking for a copycat fragrance that echoes the original, check out our alternative version.
Viking (UK-based alternative)
- Inspired by the Viking fragrance
- Top notes of pink pepper, bergamot and lemon
- Central notes of rose and mint
- Base notes of sandalwood, vetiver, patchouli and lavender
It’s an unusual combination of ingredients, which is what makes it stand out from other men’s fragrances. It’s also what makes it feel modern, despite harking back to the rough-and-ready attitude of the Vikings. Here’s a breakdown of why these ingredients are so effective.
- The spice of pepper. Adding pink pepper to an eau de parfum gives it an immediate masculine twist. It’s tangy, sharp and forceful – in short, the perfect addition to a powerful scent.
- The freshness of lemon and mint. Mint and lemon are both known as fresh, cleansing aromas. In our eau de parfum, they’re there to balance out some of the deeper, richer ingredients; adding lightness and zest into the mix.
- The hint of rose and lavender. This isn’t a very floral scent but rose and lavender play an important role, nonetheless. They deliver softness and subtlety, rounding off some of the sharper edges of the other ingredients, and creating a more harmonious whole.
- The warmth of sandalwood. Sandalwood is an exotic scent; but here, it’s used to add a bit more macho power to the fragrance, rather than exoticism. It balances nicely with the vetiver too.
Our Viking (UK alternative version) homage is designed to offer a similar quality of fragrance, but without the original Viking price-tag. It’s got the same bold, high-impact appeal, and it’s ideal for those who like their colognes to be noticeably different, with a modern, inventive twist.
Who would wear our Viking homage?
This aftershave has real versatility, which makes it suitable for men from all walks of life. It’s also a great day-to-night fragrance, which is just as appropriate for the office as it is for a night out. If you like to command attention, it’s a definite winner.
Our Viking 100ml alternative version would suit the following occasions:
- A day out with friends. With so many fresh ingredients, not to mention so many notes that are reminiscent of the natural world (wood, flowers and citrus to name a few), this eau de parfum is a good choice for picnics on the beach or a walk through the forest.
- The office. It’s a great daytime fragrance too. The Viking basenotes of sandalwood and patchouli exude authority and gravitas, commanding attention from anyone in the vicinity.
- An evening with a loved one. We’d also say that this is a ‘date night’ cologne. It’s a got a raw intensity that would definitely impress your partner.
- A special occasion. Alternatively, if you’re looking for a fragrance to mark an occasion, this is an excellent option. It’s unusual and attention-grabbing, which guarantees you’ll stand out from the crowd.
We get a lot of feedback on our version of the original men’s fragrance. Most of our testimonials comment on the fact that it feels very cutting-edge and ‘different’ and lasts an impressive amount of time. They also highlight that it’s a shifting, versatile scent that changes throughout the day. Here’s what the ‘fragrance experience’ is like:
At the first spray, you’ll be hit with a fresh, invigorating note of Sicilian lemon and pepper. There’s one word for this – lively! The incorporation of pink pepper really sets this aftershave apart. Let it settle for a while, then sniff again. This time, you’ll pick up the heady fragrance of rose and a burst of mint. They’re a winning combination.
After some time, the base notes start to come to the foreground. Sandalwood and vetiver offer a smooth, masculine aroma, and the patchouli and lavender give a laid-back, sensual edge. As the hours progress, these flavours blend to create a complex, intriguing end-result.
We always recommend getting an alternative Viking sample before buying a full-size bottle. It’s an effective way to test the fragrance before committing to buy, and gives you the chance to get feedback from friends and family too.
Here are just some of the testimonials we’ve had from our customers about our products.
Viking basenotes – why they’re important
In this rugged, refreshing aftershave, the focus is on depth and energy. That’s why those warm, dense base notes are so vital, in both the Viking fragrance and our own copycat version.
If you’re interested to find out more about our version of Viking 50ml, then check out our website. Alternatively, if you’re looking for other designer-inspired colognes, or want to extend your collection in a cost-effective way, visit the Copycat Fragrances website to browse the entire range.
Disclaimer: all products mentioned above, along with their labelling, are a guide and should not be confused with the actual fragrance brand. Any name trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective designers or makers. Please note, these perfumes and candles are not to be confused with the originals, and we have no affiliation with any companies mentioned. Our interpretations of the fragrances and candles were created through chemical analysis and personal development, and their description is solely to give the customer an idea of the nature of the scent. It is not designed to mislead or confuse the customer in any way, and does not infringe on the manufacturer's or designer's name or trademark.