Some men’s fragrances are ‘of the moment’. Others are timeless, which means they’re unlikely to ever go out of fashion. Green Irish Tweed is one of those fragrances. With its lush, natural aroma and uncompromising masculinity, it’s easy to see why it’s a firm favourite of so many men across the world.
Our ‘inspired by’ version is representative of the original, at an affordable price. Read on to learn more about it.
Tweed perfume – the copycat version
- Inspired by one of the world’s most popular scents
- Top notes of iris, citrus, peppermint and lemon verbena
- Central notes of violet
- Base notes of sandalwood, ambergris and cedarwood
As you can see, it’s a complex scent with several intriguing ingredients. They all work together to create an eau de parfum that’s rugged, adventurous and bold.
We’ve highlighted the components of our ‘inspired by’ version of Green Irish Tweed. But what makes that combination of ingredients so successful? Here’s more information.
- The mix of sharp and soft. There are some sharp, almost acidic notes in this fragrance; notably from the peppermint and citrus. But they’re rounded off with iris and violet, which brings subtlety to the overall aroma.
- The depth of wood. Sandalwood and cedarwood are both excellent additions. Their heady, deep scent gives immediate gravitas - a note of authority and strength.
- The sea-salt of ambergris. Ambergris is one of the world’s most exclusive perfume ingredients. As far as base notes go, this one delivers an irresistibly salty punch.
- The ‘natural’ elements. The original fragrance was developed to mimic the smell of the Irish countryside. We’re talking sea-spray, rolling green fields and freshly-cut grass. When you first try it, you’ll be amazed at how reminiscent it is of the Great Outdoors.
In short, Green Irish Tweed is tailor-made for men who prefer to spend time out in the open, rather than behind a desk. If you’re the sort of man who likes hiking through the woods, relaxing on a beach or exploring the countryside, this is definitely the fragrance for you.
Our version of Tweed perfume captures all these elements to perfection (and can be ordered in sample sizes if you want to test it out for yourself).
Exploring the Green Irish Tweed basenotes
Before examining the experience of wearing our homage to Tweed perfume, it’s important to acknowledge the significant role the base notes play. Although the top and heart notes create the natural allure, it’s the base ingredients that do a lot of the hard work.
One of the most important base notes is ambergris. Ambergris (or ‘grey amber’) is an ingredient that’s much prized by perfume-designers, thanks to its earthy, salty aroma. It actually forms inside sperm whales, before being washed up to the shore. But don’t be put off by its origins; it adds richness and depth to the fragrance, which is especially important in a man’s cologne. It’s incredibly rare too, which adds to its exclusivity.
Green Irish Tweed – UK copycat version
Our homage to Green Irish Tweed fragrantica is suitable for a variety of different occasions, such as:
- Daily wear at work. This is a hard-wearing, no-nonsense fragrance, which would work well in a workplace situation. It’s especially great for reminding you of the countryside while you’re sat at your desk.
- For a special occasion. It’s also distinctive enough to be worn on special occasions, like birthday celebrations or a friend’s wedding. The ‘natural’ scent sets it apart from other men’s aftershaves.
- For a day out. This is a top choice for socialising with family and friends.
- For exploring. It’s dominated by natural aromas, so it’s ideal for getting out and about.
It’s a signature scent, in that it’s got some unusual ingredients and stands out in a crowd. So, if you’re looking for a fragrance that people will associate with you over time, this is a good option.
The eau de parfum shifts throughout the day, offering something new with each passing hour. Initially, you’ll notice the sharp tang of peppermint and citrus – they’re instantly invigorating and vibrant. After a while, they begin to settle, letting the softer notes of iris and violet emerge. This creates a more rounded, complex aroma.
Have another sniff a couple of hours later. You’ll smell the distinct sea-saltiness of ambergris, and the warm, slightly spicy hints of cedar and sandalwood. It makes for a great combination.
Is Green Irish Tweed Cologne right for you?
There’s no doubt about it, Tweed is an iconic eau de parfum. But is it the right one for you? Often, it comes down to a case of Green Irish Tweed vs Aventus – both extremely popular fragrances. Here are the key differences:
- Aventus is more ‘polished’, and probably better suited to smarter occasions.
- It’s also fruitier – with notes of blackcurrant, apple and pineapple. Think zesty and vibrant, rather than rustic and natural.
- Both have base notes of ambergris, though Aventus has oak moss and vanilla too – so it’s a bit sweeter.
Getting a tester of each is the best way to sample them. Alternatively, consider what sort of image you want to project. If you want to wear your aftershave for a night in town, Aventus might be the better choice. Alternatively, if you prefer spending a warm summer evening sitting in a beer garden, Tweed might be more appropriate.
If you’d like to find out more about our Tweed copycat fragrance, or any other men’s eau de parfums in the range, visit our website today.
Disclaimer: all products mentioned above, along with their labelling, are a guide and should not be confused with the actual fragrance brand. Any name trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective designers or makers. Please note, these perfumes and candles are not to be confused with the originals, and we have no affiliation with any companies mentioned. Our interpretations of the fragrances and candles were created through chemical analysis and personal development, and their description is solely to give the customer an idea of the nature of the scent. It is not designed to mislead or confuse the customer in any way, and does not infringe on the manufacturer's or designer's name or trademark.