Unisex fragrances often leave people baffled. Surely a perfume either has to be feminine or masculine, right? There are a few unisex scents out there that completely disprove this theory, and Black Orchid perfume is one of them.
It has one of the most complex arrays of ingredients going, which is why it’s so ideal for people of any gender. Our version captures the essence of the original, making it the perfect fragrance for anyone.
Black Orchid for women…or men!
What can you expect from Black Orchid eau de toilette?
- Top notes of jasmine, ylang ylang, mandarin, lemon, bergamot and truffle
- Central notes of spice, gardenia, lotus and fruit
- Base notes of vetiver, amber, patchouli, chocolate and sandalwood
The key things that really set it apart are:
- The rich, complex base. The luxurious aroma of chocolate complements the woody notes of sandalwood to perfection, and this is enhanced by the fresh tang of vetiver.
- The spicy, fruity notes. Everything in this fragrance is designed to achieve balance. The sharp spices are invigorated by the sweet notes of fruit.
- The delicate hint of flowers. This is a unisex scent, so there’s nothing overpowering about the floral notes. Jasmine and ylang ylang are more sensual than ‘flowery’.
Black Orchid aftershave – suitable for men?
When people ask is Black Orchid unisex, what they really mean is - are they going to smell feminine if they’re a man, or vice versa?
Our version of Black Orchid 100ml smashes through the stereotypes. Many of the ingredients used feature in both male and female fragrances (such as chocolate, citrus, sandalwood and vetiver). This ensures that it works perfectly for anyone who wears it.
In a nutshell, it’s completely suitable for men, and many males across the world choose to wear it. It’s a potent, powerful fragrance, so it’s a good match for the workplace, or for a special night out with a loved one.
What about Black Orchid fragrance for women?
This is definitely a strong scent, and not one for shy, retiring wallflowers. However, if you’re looking for something bold, high-impact and immediately recognisable, Black Orchid 50ml is definitely the fragrance for you. The combination of spice, rich chocolate and bergamot results in a flavor that’s indulgent and exotic.
While it’s not a choice for casual daytime wear, it’s well-suited to the workplace. Some women also use it as a ‘special occasion’ scent to stand out from the crowd at events. Ultimately, it’s flexible enough to be worn in a variety of different situations.
What is Black Orchid perfume like?
At the first spray, you’ll immediately notice a strong, citrus punch, which is softened by the delicate jasmine and ylang ylang. Give the perfume a chance to settle, then have another sniff. Now you’ll identify that rich note of truffle, which gives it a sense of decadence.
After an hour or so, the fragrance subtly shifts. At this point, the central notes take to the stage; particularly that spicy ‘bite’ and the sweetness of fruit. After a while, the woody, chocolatey base notes push to the foreground, which add some serious sensuality. That’s why this fragrance is so ideal as a ‘day to night’ option.
Many of our customers have left feedback about our version of Black Orchid. Here are just a few comments they’ve made:
- Longevity. A lot of people mention how long the fragrance lasts, with some reporting that it’s still relatively strong after several hours of wear.
- Unusual aroma. One thing that makes this perfume especially popular is the distinctive nature of the scent. It really is different to many of the other eau de parfums on the market.
- Similarity to the original. Most of our customers agree that our homage to Black Orchid captures the essential nature of the original.
If you’d like to leave a Black Orchid review (our version), then do get in touch.
To find out more about our ‘inspired by’ fragrance, visit the Copycat Fragrances website. We also have a wide range of other perfumes and aftershaves – all inspired by some of the world’s most iconic scents.
Disclaimer: all products mentioned above, along with their labelling, are a guide and should not be confused with the actual fragrance brand. Any name trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective designers or makers. Please note, these perfumes and candles are not to be confused with the originals, and we have no affiliation with any companies mentioned. Our interpretations of the fragrances and candles were created through chemical analysis and personal development, and their description is solely to give the customer an idea of the nature of the scent. It is not designed to mislead or confuse the customer in any way, and does not infringe on the manufacturer's or designer's name or trademark.